Thursday, October 16, 2008

And then I had a horrible week....

Ok so it is only Thursday - but this is NOT my week.
I have been trying to convince my ipod (which I love, new and shinny and well AMAZING) that it really really really was a friend of my computer before the crash- so they should be friends again! Several problems have ensued. 1) My computer crashed and was unavailable for updates for like 3 months. ( It took me a month to let someone look at it, it took a month for my co-worker who was fixing it for FREE to finish it, And another month of mis-connection about who was supposed to be buying the extra memory for the said computer) But alas computer is back in my very happy hands, in fact I am blogging on it as we speak!- I was very excited to update my itunes library. I had continued buying music while my computer was MIA so I had like 7 cds to upload. 2) I connect my beautiful ipod to my newly fixed computer-and wait! it says they don't know each other!!! the horror! You two used to be amazing friends- and then poof! no recognition. So me-I google how I can make then friends again. It didn't work. 3) I am slowly receiving my files back one by one from "the duke" who fixed my computer. Tuesday I am finally in possession of my itunes library burned to a dvd. Upload to computer- and poof! a little better. I have about 1/2 of my music back. For whatever reason it didn't reload everything just some it of. Luckily I am pretty sure I have most of this music somewhere. But I don't really want to reload 40 cds back unto my computer- 1) takes up too much memory 2) would take me a lifetime. Plus I was living in the dark hole of no computer when itunes updated its format and now I cannot figure any of it out. There is something fishy with the albums tag. Ok so that is horrible week part 1.
Part 2) Work kind of sucks- which is nothing new. But lots of issues have been popping up. Also today I was like beyond sick and went to work (because there wouldn't have been any manager there if I didn't). I made it until like 6 a.m. when finally another manager showed up and I felt comfortable leaving. I came home and crashed. Felt a little better while sleeping, but now my tummy is hating me again.
Part 3) My Dad forgot all about my birthday and didn't remember until I told him 5 days later. Ok so maybe at the age of 24 I shouldn't be throwing fits about things like Birthday's anyone. But it isn't like I was asking for presents I just wanted people to call and say- "Hi, love you, happy birthday" You know? just remember.... Ok hopefully since it is almost Friday my horrible week will be over soon- maybe the office will cheer me up tonight and make me less sick!

No comments: