Sunday, February 8, 2009

Up all night...

This weekend I haven't done a very good job of getting back on "normal people time" - which for my back to work transition is probably better. Lately I have been staying up all night. But at least I have been productive. Thursday night I made a trip to walmart to 1) set up my wireless network, 2) to prevent myself from tripping all over the cable that is strung everywhere around the apartment. Both were accomplished! My mediacom cable comes from an opening in a window in my living room (classy! - this gives the allusion to the neighbors that I have stolen it, but I swear I am paying outrageous prices for it!) there is a splitter for the Internet and the cable- which were just strategically laying behind pieces of furniture before. But since I rearranged in January some of it lays in front of doorways which caused a tripping hazard. Finally I found the inventive little hops that let you nail the cable to something (in my case the wall). So I have limited the tripping hazard! Friday I spent cleaning, doing laundry and shopping (I love the thrift store). Which led to today- my purchase of a tv stand for my bedroom- when my new tv arrives it will boot out the old in the living room, but the old tv can spend time in the bedroom and give my laptop a break from being a constant dvd player (and an expensive one at that). Dad very kindly made a trip to Pella to lend me his truck and help me haul it up the stairs. (he got lucky it actually was pretty lightweight, and as he has helped me move heavier stuff up the stairs before I think he appreciated it). I showed off all the changes in my apartment- he hadn't seen the guest bedroom all put together. He also provided some extra cable for when the new tv arrives so I can get basic cable in the bedroom! All and all pretty sweet! But sadly that hour was about the only one I spent awake today. Instead I got up tonight and got productive. I did some grocery shopping took out the garbage and I am currently waiting for my last load of laundry to finish in the dryer. The cable part of my mediacom is acting up, the rep on the phone was zero help- so I am going to try to fix it myself once again before calling back....

No comments: