Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's all about Oscar

Lately I have been trying to knock off a couple more Best Picture nominated movies from my list. To this date I have seen 5 out of 9 nominated films and most likely the eventual winner according the the buzz. Yesterday I saw The Artist, and frankly I must confess I was not impressed. Maybe it was all the hype that did it in for me, or the annoying ladies talking behind (can you imagine during a silent movie in a theatre with only 5 other attendees hearing people talking the whole time????), or perhaps it was that I was extremely hungry and distracted. But while I found it visually stunning, mostly I was bored and very aware of the time slowly ticking by. In the rank of other nominated movies I have seen this one ends up a the end of the pack. This is how I would rank what I have seen:
5. The Artist
4. The Help
3. Midnight in Paris
2. The Descendants
1. Moneyball

I have no interest in seeing Tree of Life, and War Horse isn't in theatres anywhere around here. If ambitious I might be able to add Hugo and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close before the ceremony on Sunday. What is your favorite?

1 comment:

call me Laura said...

I have seen 3 out of the 5 you listed. I guess Moneyball was all right. And you know I couldn't finish Midnight in Paris...