Monday, October 8, 2012

Goals and Going for it

The last week of September I joined weight watchers. I had considered it a couple of time before but had never taken the plunge. This time a couple of women I work with wanted to join as well. One of the perks of my new job is being back at the Jordan Creek campus and having the chance to go to weight watchers at work meetings. Now I have a picture of Jennifer Hudson hanging up in my office and two other people to talk about challenges and food plans with. This is just my second week, but last week I lost 3.2 pounds! I have done a good job of getting rid of the not great for me food in my apartment and replacing it with fruits and veggies. Now when I want to snack I am grabbing something healthy. I also plan to eliminate fast food, I did this for lent this year, so I know I can do it. I am hoping for the bonus of also saving some money. My biggest challenge so far has been planning meal for the week prior to shopping on Sundays. I am still looking for easy to do, low point recipes so I don't end up eating salad every day of the week.

2 comments:

Shirlee said...

proud of you

Kristel said...

Way to go Lynne :) I am proud of you!