Friday, July 23, 2010

were going vintage y'all

After a delightfully filling Buffet City dinner, Shea, Nicole and I came home to be lumps of the couch. While in the process of being lumps I turned on the tv and Baz Luhrmann's version of Romeo and Juliet was on the Fox Movie Channel. I happen to love this movie it takes me back, way back to six grade and Katie Petty's house. As I continued to tell Shea and Nicole the various reasons why I love this movie, they both confessed they had never seen this version of the movie. And I am all like what? Where were you in 1996? See I was in LOVE with Leo DiCaprio like maybe 18 months before every other girl my age was. Which rocks. But also kind of a curse with me I love something a lot, but when it hits super mainstream I resent all other who get on board. But now as time has passed I can LOVE it again. So this weeks Film Friday is vintage y'all. If you haven't seen this version of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet you totally should.

No comments: