Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Guilty Pleasure... I dare you not to love

Here is the truth: I love Celine Dion. It isn't just an idle love, like I really LOVE her. Perhaps ten or fifteen years ago when she was all over the place in terms of popularity, I was too young and thought my musical tastes were too cool to include someone like Celine. But back then they included the Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls. (Don't judge, they are still on the ipod) Now with a massive sweep a maturity I love Celine for exactly who she is. And she is awesome. Part of my reawareness of the awesomeness that is Celine Dion came a couple years ago. I was watching a Kathy Griffin stand up special where she talks about her love and experience meeting Celine. It suddenly made me realize you can make fun of someone and still love them all at the same time. I dare you to listen to any one of her greatest hits and not love her. So that is why when earlier this week she announced she is pregnant with twins was a genuinely excited and please for her and her family.

No comments: