Saturday, September 26, 2009

Why, yes, in fact, I do hate you...

Any one out there follow my twitter updates? (shameless plug- you can see my 3 most current updates on the left of the blog- always, also just click on ljvillage- and you can read all of my gems!) But really, if you do, you may have noticed a trend as of late.... Yeah that would be major, Major, MAJOR Mediacom bashing. How much do I hate Mediacom? Let me count the ways. In fact I did- for the first time ever a did some fact checking for this blog and I have made 11 direct (and 1 indirect) negative references, on twitter, about Mediacom since Sept 17th. It is at times like these where I wish I had million plus followers who would instantly know and hate Mediacom as much as I do. Because then maybe, just maybe Mediacom would care. Because then maybe, just maybe I wouldn't have spent cumulative 24 hours either calling or waiting for them to fix my service. But alas it seems that Mediacom could give a crap less that you hate them- I guess everyone hates them- and I am guessing they know it. All I want is my digital cable and DVR to work flawlessly- especially on Thursdays, especially on season premiere Thursdays. All I want is to have the internet work all day, every day, not just for a half an hour at the weirdest times. All I want them to do is not charge me an arm and a leg for super super spotty and frankly crappy service. That is right Mediacom that is what I want. But right now I might settle for the on-demand portion to work.

1 comment:

Kristel said...

I am with you on the mediacomm hate. We just rid ourselves of them and I haven't been happier. Qwest has great Internet if you are looking.