Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I am clumsy: example 1

Here is a story of why I needed to go to walmart this morning and get a new wireless adapter for my laptop. My bed is far from empty while sleeping- usually occupied for oh-about-5 more pillows than an average person needs to sleep with, my blackberry, and my laptop. I have this issue with not being able to just go to sleep. Something that has developed since my working life started happening between the hours of 11 p.m. and 9 a.m. - I think a body naturally rejects the idea of going to sleep at 11 a.m. it just isn't natural. So I started to watch movies on my laptop. (Why not just watch TV you ask?- Because have you ever watched basic cable from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. nothing but soap operas, peoples court, and random crap on MTV) Then i got my butt in gear and made the apartment wireless. Which lead to the discovery of hulu and netflix- which has contributed to many, many a tv show or movie being watched when I should be sleeping. As a result of my laptop semi permanently resting on my bed, a not so stable surface, (foreshadowing) it has gotten beaten up a bit. Just pushed around while I am sleeping and maybe more importantly gets moved around when I am getting ready (so I can continue watching whatever I want while straighting my hair) Saturday I am getting ready- sit down on my bed to put on socks and BAM- laptop crashes to the floor- I quickly pick it up to discover it landed on the wireless adaptor- while the protective casing fell off - I don't find any little parts on the floor so I assume it might be ok= maybe. I didn't have a lot of time so I manage to get the casing back on and check to see if it would still access the internet- homepage pops up! score one for the clumsy. Later when I am trying to spend more than 3 seconds on the internet and it turns out now the signal is really weak- no matter where I move the laptop. Crap- so this morning after only 3 days of being able to get the internet in the kitchen or bedroom I decide I need, NEED, need to get a new adapter so I can be wireless and awesome again!

No comments: