Friday, April 24, 2009

Reader Request...




This is for Alyson... (she rocks!)


Alyson recently asked me what I thought about the change in looks of movie star Patrick Swayze. Earlier this year Mr. Swayze announced he was suffering from pancreatic cancer, still fighting it, and hoping to continue to work on his new show: The Beast (on A&E). The media has reported a few times his unhealthy appearance and he has been in and out of hospitals all year. For many of us Patrick Swayze's heyday was Dirty Dancing- oh all those shirtless scenes, or even Ghost. So I think it is fair to say that he isn't going to look so smoking hot, 20 years later, regardless of health. As Alyson said he is 56- so you know not a complete loss in Hollywood standards yet. But I think his health has taken a definite toll. I can say I liked him in Dirty Dancing, but really haven't seen him in anything since- so yeah I like him dancing it up but never thought he was that good looking in anything else. Any thoughts? Some die hard fans our there?

2 comments:

Alyson said...

Thank you Lynne for your insight! I just feel as though there are several men who age particularly well, ie: Richard Gere, George Cloony, etc. This is where it gets complicated. I don't know if Swayze's unattractive aging is all to do with the cancer, or if bad aging genes are in effect as well...

Kelsey said...

i think we should be glow-in-the-dark...it'd be the best compromise for everyone.