Friday, August 7, 2009

Film Friday


This weeks pick: Last Chance Harvey

Confession: When I watch movies with awkward situations- I get completely uncomfortable, like get up and leave the room uncomfortable, like hide in the couch cushions uncomfortable. I have no idea how I handle sitting through movies in the theatre (I could watch any horror movie ever made- yet give me an awkward social situation I freak). Really because at home- I am an active viewer. This movie surprised me with how much I got into it. I keep talking to the tv- going "no, no, don't do it, don't say that- ugh!" Maybe it is just because I have lived some of those uncomfortable broken family moments. I don't know- Really the whole movie isn't uncomfortable- I actually liked it quite a bit, but the actors did a really great job making it real, real enough for me to freak a little.

No comments: